Why use video for your business marketing? Great question!
Probably the biggest reason is people LOVE and consume video content in large amounts every day.
The average American adult spends 1 hour and 16 minutes consuming video content daily. That number is up from 21 minutes only 4 years ago.
Also consider these 15 quick facts about why video should be part of your marketing mix:
- YouTube is the second most popular search engine in the world.
- YouTube is the third most used website.
- YouTube is owned by Google and having content on YouTube increases your Google Ranking?
- 60% of all views generated on YouTube are search-driven. This means, viewers are actively SEARCHING for answers to their questions in video-form! And they choose the videos at the TOP of search result, just like the do when the choose search results at the top of a Google Search.
- Facebook has made a big push into promoting videos on their platform and over 4 Billion (yes Billion) videos are watched on Facebook daily.
- 96% of shoppers find videos helpful when making purchase decisions online.
- Video viewers on e-commerce sites are 1.6x more likely to buy than non-viewers. That’s a lot of extra sales!
- According to Cisco, video will represent 79% of global web traffic by 2018.
- In 1 minute 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube, and 323 days of video are viewed on Facebook.
- Why do we love video? There’s science behind why video works. The brainprocesses visuals 60,000x faster than text.
- Mobile video traffic will grow 14x by 2018. And smartphones and tabletsalready account for over a quarter of all online video viewing!
- 74% of B2C marketers and 92% of B2B marketers use video as a part of their marketing efforts.
- The majority of social media video sharing occurs on Facebook (59%). Twitter is a distant follower, making up 14% of sharing respectively.
- Video goes beyond making the sale: 93% of shoppers find video helpful for instructions after a purchase. Your customers look to video for support too!
- In online advertising, rich media ads are significantly more engaging. Rich media ads hit engagement rates of 16.85%, compared with 2.14% engagement rates for standard banners and 1.62% for mobile.
What am I personally doing?
I’m pushing my clients and myself to do more video marketing. And thus far, I have found it tremendously valuable.
In this short video, I explain why you should be STRONGLY considering doing the same.
Think about ways videos could help you connect better with your customers and prospects.